Welcome to the historic 'Open and Affirming' Blooming Grove United Church of Christ.
We the Blooming Grove United Church of Christ, are a community of diverse people who covenant with God and one another to live God’s will through worship, fellowship and service. We bind our lives together in trust and love as a community of faith and invite all to join us.
We are a chuch that balances social justice opportunities with the call to deepening personal faith.
Our outreach is active both locally and globally.
The Blooming Grove congregation meets for worship every Sunday morning at 10:30 AM throughout the year. Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of every month.
Following the worship service folks are encouraged to stay for coffee, goodies, and conversation—a popular pastime at BGUCC!
Our supply pastor, the Rev. Dr. Linda U. Barnes serves as ordained leader, with all the people of BGUCC as ministers, discerning God’s call for service, prayer, and love.
Here in our community of faith you will find:
- Meaningful vibrant worship
- Respectful caring community
- Welcome to all (we’ve been Open and Affirming since 1996)
- Openness to the Presence of God in our daily lives, our communities and the contemporary world
- Opportunities for service
- Opportunities to hear God’s guidance through the holy scriptures which bring us God’s eternal truth expressed in human situations
In our worship and faith exploration, we are open to the Mystery of God, knowing that God Is Still Speaking. Part of our journey is in the questions. Whoever you are and wherever you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here at BGUCC.
Events and services at BGUCC in the recent past have included, in part:
- Family Movie Nights
- Country Store Thrift Shop
- Penny Social
- Community Dinners
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
- Memorial Day Parade March
- Women’s Fellowship
- Classic Choral Society Concerts
- Church World Service Mission Projects
- Community Garden
- JROTC Annual Cadet Challenge
- Veterans’ Stained Glass Window Project
- Bible Studies
- Shows by Broadway Concerts Direct Artists
- Organ Recitals
- Counselling Services
To learn more about the United Church of Christ please visit: http://www.ucc.org/